Monday 22 March 2010

Looking back

I am sitting here listening to Nirvana's Unplugged in New York, trying to get inspired to post something about the resurgence of everything 90's. I can only think of the typical topics like barely clothed Kate Moss, grunge and its Doc Martens and flannel shirts, Clueless, 90210, "the Rachel", and later minimalism. Instead, I started looking through my old idea books that I have been stacking up since '94. I used to be so into ripping apart my magazines and collaging them in blank sketchbooks along with some random doodles. I really enjoyed doing this even though no one ever saw it. Now, collage is everywhere, on every blog and in magazines. I am inspired to get back into it, but I am doing to do it my way.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails